Monday, April 14, 2008

Answer Me

Us librarians are coming out of hiding. Not that we were in hiding, but that seems to be the perception. Hiding behind a desk...
Slam The Boards is fantastic idea as it does get us 'out there' - out in the world, not just in our local communities. A library, my library, your library, could have its own Answer Board where patrons/users log on to ask questions (anytime they want) and have them answered by us skilled and talented folk.
Jumped on to Yahoo Answer Boards and answered a music question (not my speciality, but there weren't any interesting questions on how to charm someone in a crowded room...only boring questons that feature love and the zodiac...What has the world come to?) I'm not sure if I answered correctly, so I'll have to sit back, eat cheese, and wait.

No comments: